Premier Program for
Professional Speaker Development
It all begins October 2016.
It’s time to take your speaking business to the next level.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Emerging Speakers who wish to accelerate their business as a part- or full-time professional speaker.
Mid-level Speakers who need knowledge in specific areas of the business to excel.
Seasoned Professional Speakers who wish to take their current business to the next level.
WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM OFFER?
ProTrack creates and solidifies a strong foundation for any speaker. It will give you a priceless opportunity to jump on a fast-track of growth and development. If you’re serious about the speaking profession, this program will help you:
- develop and improve presentation skills
- increase competence in the ‘business’ of speaking
- provide professional and emotional support from speakers of all levels
- help develop overall confidence and proficiency as a speaker
- supply a structure to optimize your long-term success
The courses and assignments of the program are designed for learning and application that directly apply to speaking business success. Participants will engage themselves in learning through exploration of best practices and immediate application in their business. Through this accelerated program, participants who have become professional speakers sooner and have created businesses that have endured longer than those who have not chosen formal assistance.
“My ProTrack experience stretched my horizons. ProTrack was a powerful and supportive learning community. The information and training was practical and personal
– an efficacious combination.”
—Kendall C. Wright, NSA Ohio President 2006-2007
ProTrack embraces the philosophy of the National Speakers Association and its founder, Cavett Robert, CSP, CPAE. Cavett believed that guiding new and established speakers is the best way to enhance speaking and business skills. As Cavett would say, “As we raise the level of our own professionalism, we raise the level for the entire industry, thereby creating a bigger pie rather than scrambling for our piece of a smaller one.”
Administration, Monitoring and Support
The NSA Ohio community of Certified Speaking Professionals and other chosen experts will supply instruction, coaching, and support, while monitoring each participants’ progress.
Peer Camaraderie and Support
ProTrack is designed to foster professional fellowship and support, creating a strong sense of collegiality while learning with and from one another.
The facilitators understand the various skill levels of participating speakers, and the demands of participants’ possible full-time jobs. Although all participants may be engaged in the same tasks, they may pursue them at levels appropriate to their current skill level.
Professionals Giving Back
As part of the commitment, participants are encouraged to contribute their strengths to the NSA Ohio chapter. This may be done in a variety of ways, such as contributing on a committee, project, or task force.
This is an 8-month instructional program that includes the instructional sessions, presentation assessment workshop, homework reviews and coaching. A maximum of 20 seats are available per cohort. All participants will receive a copy of Paid to Speak and Speak More! written by the National Speakers Association to guide you in building your Eloquence, Enterprise, Expertise, and Ethics as a Professional Speaker.
Classes will be held in the afternoons following NSA Ohio meetings (dates/times below).
Quest Conference Center
8405 Pulsar Place
Columbus, OH 43240
NSA Ohio Meetings:
As a valued participant of ProTrack, you are invited to attend our NSA Ohio Meetings (held the morning prior to your classes, 9am-1pm) at the member-rate (which includes lunch):
$57/Meeting “Early Bird” registration
$69/Meeting Regular registration
Attendance is not required and can be decided at your discretion. Register for a meeting at www.nsaohio.com.
Program Dates & Session Topics:
(sessions are from 1pm-4:30pm except where otherwise noted)
Sunday, October 9th: ProTrack Orientation & Overview of the Speaking Industry
- Understand the world of the professional speaker, the speaking business and how NSA is crucial as you grow your business; learn who hires speakers, and how they do it. Learn the standards of behavior within the industry.
Sunday, November 13th : Topic Development
- Explore how to mine your life’s experience/expertise to chose a topic for your audience, learn how to tailor and customize it; learn to incorporate your personal story.
Saturday, December 10th (9am-4:30pm): Present and Perform
- Class members will be video recorded while giving a portion of their presentation and receiving feedback from a panel of select NSA members.
Saturday, January 14th: Match Your Message to Your Market
- Learn how a target market can help you to fine tune your specific message.
Saturday, February 11th: Platform Mechanics
- Develop familiarity with room setup, stage equipment, microphones, movement, etc; develop an effective introduction for the meeting planners to use.
Saturday, March 11th: Sales & Marketing
- Learn how to promote yourself, find potential clients, build relationships with decision makers, enhance your brand, and use social media to get more paid engagements.
Saturday, April 8th: Product Development
- Learn how to get multiple streams of income through the sale of books, audio/video products, promotional packages, etc.
Saturday, May 13th: Manage the Business & Graduation Day!
- Get guidance on business organizing, money management, record maintenance, contracts, travel tips, etc.
- Participants who complete the program are invited to join us for a complimentary meeting and lunch on May 13th, 9-1pm (please RSVP at www.nsaohio.com), where you will be honored as ProTrack Graduates. Your regularly scheduled class will follow 1-4:30pm.
“The NSA Ohio ProTrack program is an outstanding program for anyone who wishes to move to the next level in their speaking profession. I have received invaluable information and support from our professional instructors who have experienced great success in professional speaking. Sharing my strengths and weaknesses with other participants of the program and seeing individual growth in all-involved reveals to me that ‘the sky is the limit’.”
—N. Marcia Harris, NSA Ohio Professional Member
Contact NSA Ohio’s ProTrack Director, Maureen Zappala
email@example.com / 330-441-0722