It all begins October 2017.
It’s time to take your speaking business to the next level.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Emerging Speakers who wish to accelerate their business as a part- or full-time professional speaker.
Mid-level Speakers who need knowledge in specific areas of the business to excel.
Seasoned Professional Speakers who wish to take their current business to the next level.
WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM OFFER?
ProTrack creates and solidifies a strong foundation for any speaker. It will give you a priceless opportunity to jump on a fast-track of growth and development. If you’re serious about the speaking profession, this program will help you:
- develop and improve presentation skills
- increase competence in the ‘business’ of speaking
- provide professional and emotional support from speakers of all levels
- help develop overall confidence and proficiency as a speaker
- supply a structure to optimize your long-term success
The courses and assignments of the program are designed for learning and application that directly apply to speaking business success. Participants will engage themselves in learning through exploration of best practices and immediate application in their business. Through this accelerated program, participants who have become professional speakers sooner and have created businesses that have endured longer than those who have not chosen formal assistance.
“My ProTrack experience stretched my horizons. ProTrack was a powerful and supportive learning community. The information and training was practical and personal
– an efficacious combination.”
—Kendall C. Wright, NSA Ohio President 2006-2007
ProTrack embraces the philosophy of the National Speakers Association and its founder, Cavett Robert, CSP, CPAE. Cavett believed that guiding new and established speakers is the best way to enhance speaking and business skills. As Cavett would say, “As we raise the level of our own professionalism, we raise the level for the entire industry, thereby creating a bigger pie rather than scrambling for our piece of a smaller one.”
Administration, Monitoring and Support
The NSA Ohio community of Certified Speaking Professionals and other chosen experts will supply instruction, coaching, and support, while monitoring each participants’ progress.
Peer Camaraderie and Support
ProTrack is designed to foster professional fellowship and support, creating a strong sense of collegiality while learning with and from one another.
The facilitators understand the various skill levels of participating speakers, and the demands of participants’ possible full-time jobs. Although all participants may be engaged in the same tasks, they may pursue them at levels appropriate to their current skill level.
Professionals Giving Back
As part of the commitment, participants are encouraged to contribute their strengths to the NSA Ohio chapter. This may be done in a variety of ways, such as contributing on a committee, project, or task force.
This is an 8-month instructional program that includes the instructional sessions, presentation assessment workshop, homework reviews and coaching. A maximum of 20 seats are available. All participants will receive two books, Paid to Speak and Speak More!, written by the National Speakers Association to guide you in building your Eloquence, Enterprise, Expertise, and Ethics as a Professional Speaker.
Classes will be held in the afternoons following NSA Ohio meetings (dates/times below).
Quest Conference Center
8405 Pulsar Place
Columbus, OH 43240
Reduced-Rate Registrations to NSA Ohio Meetings
As a valued participant of ProTrack, you are invited to attend our NSA Ohio Meetings (held the morning prior to your classes, 9am-1pm) at the member-rate (which includes lunch). These meetings provide valuable opportunities to network with Ohio’s best professional speakers, while you learn from nationally- and internationally-recognized speakers.
ProTrack Participant Reduced-Rate Cost for NSA Ohio Meetings:
$57/Meeting “Early Bird” registration
$69/Meeting Regular registration
Meeting attendance is not a requirement of the ProTrack program and can be decided at your discretion. Please register for a meeting prior to the date so that we have a proper headcount for lunch. A registration link for each upcoming meeting may be found on our homepage www.nsaohio.com.
Program Dates & Session Topics:
(sessions are from 1pm-4:30pm except where otherwise noted; session topics/descriptions and facilitators may vary or be switched to meet scheduling needs)
Sunday, October 8th: Orientation & Professional Awareness and the Speaking Industry
Facilitators: Susanna Goulder and a panel of NSA Ohio chapter members
- Understand the world of the professional speaker, the speaking business and how NSA is crucial as you grow your business; learn who hires speakers, and how they do it. Learn the standards of behavior within the industry. Learn the value of participating in a mastermind group to develop accountability with other speakers.
Sunday, November 12th : Topic Development
Facilitators: Lillian Zarzar, CSP & Justin Zabor
- Explore how to mine your life’s experience/expertise to chose a topic for your audience, learn how to tailor and customize it; learn to incorporate your personal story.
Saturday, December 9th (9am-4:30pm): Present and Perform
Facilitators: Lillian Zarzar, CSP, Christine Zust, & Rosemarie Rossetti
- Class members will be video recorded while giving a portion of their presentation and receiving feedback from a panel of select NSA members.
Saturday, January 13th: Match Your Message to Your Market
Facilitator: Jim Canterucci
- Learn how a target market can help you to fine tune your specific message.
Saturday, February 10th: Sales & Marketing
Facilitator: Ted Janusz
- Learn how to promote yourself, find potential clients, build relationships with decision makers, enhance your brand, and use social media to get more paid engagements.
Saturday, March 10th: Platform Mechanics
Facilitator: Patrick Donadio, CSP
- Develop familiarity with room setup, stage equipment, microphones, movement, etc; develop an effective introduction for the meeting planners to use.
Saturday, April 14th: Product Development
Facilitators: Fran Kick, CSP, Angie Hollerich, & Lisa Ryan
- Learn how to get multiple streams of income through the sale of books, audio/video products, promotional packages, etc.
Saturday, May 12th: Manage the Business & Graduation Day!
Facilitator: Jim Canterucci
- Get guidance on business organizing, money management, record maintenance, contracts, travel tips, etc.
- Participants who complete the program are invited to join us for a complimentary meeting and lunch on May 12th, 9-1pm (please RSVP for this meeting only as a ‘prepaid’ registrant at www.nsaohio.com), where you will be honored as ProTrack Graduates. Your regularly scheduled class will follow 1-4:30pm.
*Participants may register at any time during the ProTrack program. The cost remains $997 at all times and participants are able (and encouraged) to make-up any missed classes during the subsequent program years.
“The NSA Ohio ProTrack program is an outstanding program for anyone who wishes to move to the next level in their speaking profession. I have received invaluable information and support from our professional instructors who have experienced great success in professional speaking. Sharing my strengths and weaknesses with other participants of the program and seeing individual growth in all-involved reveals to me that ‘the sky is the limit’.”
—N. Marcia Harris, NSA Ohio Professional Member
Contact NSA Ohio’s ProTrack Director, Susanna Goulder
firstname.lastname@example.org / 216-255-9705