Saturday, February 13, 2021
"Corral Your Ca$h Cow!"
As a business owner, your most valuable asset aside from people is your intellectual property. This session saddles you up to better protect, manage and fatten that cash cow.
• Distinguish between the intellectual property types
• Ensure ownership from the outset (employees vs. contractors)
• Ace copyrights and avoid copy-wrongs
• Master the trademark DOs and DONʼTs
• Preserve, Protect & Defend — Police your I.P.
• Stop rustling others’ cash cows
• Avoid “public domain” land mines
• Capitalize and comply with licensing opportunities
About Russ Riddle
What do Barney® the purple dinosaur, Thomas the Tank Engine® and YOU have in common? All have been served (or are about to be) by Russ Riddle!
Having practiced marriage for 37 years, law for 29, fatherhood for 28, and braved adventures as a juvenile probation officer and professional speaker, Russ is convinced that we must never stop learning and laughing.
His love of levity stems in part from an intellectual property law practice that has served such clients as Barney®, Bob the Builder®, Thomas the Tank Engine®, the voices of Jimmy Neutron® and Larry the Cucumber®, as well as many NSA “characters” throughout the country.
Russ currently serves on the National Speakers Association’s Board of Directors and is immediate past chair of the editorial committee for SPEAKER Magazine. He’s the author of two books: Lawyer Up – The Smart Way and Persuasive vs. Abrasive – The judges have ruled, as well as the intellectual property manual Corral Your Cash Cow.
He is appropriately known as the “Anomaly at Law®,” for he’s down to earth, clearly communicates and lavishes others with levity.